Hello, and welcome to the "KE Academy".
I'm Kev and I am the Founder and CEO, I also run the website and technology side of our business, while Emma still works in full-time employment in the corporate world and assists me with blog content and ideas.
Please read more about our business on the What We Do page of our other website.
We live in Tingewick, Buckinghamshire, which is a small village not that far from Oxford and London in England (UK).
We like to call ourselves Digital Entrepreneur, because we do anything that relates to the Digital world (The World Wide Web or Internet). If you need help with your Social Media setup, or to advertise your business we can assist, with for example a one paged web advert, a Facebook and/or Twitter page through to a multi-page web site ( Our sister web site www.Kpow.info covers web design ).
We also offer training through our large number of video courses [ and our sister site Education.menu ] and can offer you a Free Guide and a 7 Video series, that explains the process for getting your business online and known to the world wide web.
We can help you set up your business adverts on the main social media sites, you could advertise locally, for example; if say you are a Window Cleaner, or Globally; if for example you Teach English online via webinars.
The smiling chap is me Kev :). I smile because I worked out the other day that now I do need to commute 3 to 4 hours a day I have gained an astonishing FORTY extra days in each YEAR !!
Why I commuted for 31 years I do not know, but hey I'm not now and that is what counts, Right ?
I've had a long career in Information Technology or as people understand better "Computer's" (31 years in total), and you can see my career path on Linkedin
This career has paid the bills and in the early days I enjoyed the work, yet over the years I'd become jaded and had started to really hate being stuck in the office, often in endless meetings.
I started to look at running a business using my computing and marketing skills. However I wanted to ensure those skills were current and started to look for a training course to hone the skills.
Eventually I found a training scheme and I signed up for the seven day introduction video series. I then spoke to a real person and linked up with them on Facebook and over a period of weeks I reviewed the internet and found nothing but good comments about the training.
As per Kiam's famous catchphrase, "I liked the shaver so much, I bought the company", I bought into the training and now provide my own training and can supplement that with courses from the best of breed training available.
I started by studies in September 2014 and since then I have been working my way through the training modules, I now have a Web site or two ( 21 actually ), understand Facebook, Twitter, Google +, Youtube, Pinterest Marketing and I am still learning daily within the Digital Experts Academy (DEA), a training platform that has people from all over the world on board.
I have recently left the office job and I am working full time for myself, ( saying this 5th March 2015), using the skills from 31 years in Computing and my up dated skills in Digital Marketing, I offer training courses and assistance to individuals like me who want to work for themselves.
It's always good to have a company motto and mine is .
"Escape, Tranquility and Competition".
I want to help other people to discover an Escape route from the status quo, that leads to a feeling of Tranquility and rest that in turn fires a competitiveness to gain the very best they can from life.
So that you can get to know me a bit better I have answered 24 questions about me!
1. What is your eye colour:? Blue through Green depending on light and how tired my eyes are.
2. What is your favourite drink?: Gin, Tonic and slice of lime
3. What is your favourite song at the moment?: Pharrell Williams - Happy
4. What is your favourite food?: Full Roast dinner (Turkey, potatoes, peas, Brussels sprouts, parsnip, Yorkshire puddings, gravy)
5. What is the last thing you bought?: A Bright Orange case for my Imac
6. Favourite book of all time?: I loved reading A Chimp Paradox (The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness)
7. Favourite Colour?: Recently chocolate brown, painted wall in it and purchased leather settee in the colour
8. Do you have any pets?: Yes two cats and two horses
9. Favourite Aftershave?: Issey Miyake
10. Favourite Holiday?: Really enjoyed a wedding in Sweden in Midsummer and two weeks in the sunshine in the Dominican Republic
11. Are you married?: Yes to the gorgeous Emma
12. Have you ever been out of the country, if so how many times?: yes, to Switzerland, Sweden, Germany, Spain, France, Holland, Italy, Greece, United States, Jamaica, Dominican Republic.
13. Do you speak any other language?: English and Techie
14. How many siblings do you have?: A Younger sister and brother
15. What is your favourite store?: Porsche motors
16. Favourite restaurant?: The Old Thatch Pub in Adstock Buckinghamshire England
17. When was the last time you cried?:When my I received a text from my brother who had not talked to me for many years
18. Favourite Blog / Facebook page?: http://www.entrepreneur.com/
19. Favourite Movie?: The Italian Job (love the Mini Cooper chase )
20. Favourite TV show?: Country File
21. PC or Mac?: Mac Pro
22. What phone do you have?:iPhone
23. How tall are you?: 6 feet 2 inches
24. Can you cook?: I am a great cook ;), curried fish balls my signature dish !!